Today I am sharing with you all my favourite and only thing I can really cook… My Spicy Vegetable Stir-fry.
Because we own a restaurant and we are there pretty much every meal time we very rarely cook at home; in fact my mum laughs that she doesn’t have to clean the cooker top from cooking only from dust 😉 so I have never really had the chance or the want to cook and expand my dish repertoire but when I do, my go to meal is a spicy vegetable stir-fry. I don’t use chicken because it scares me to cook it and I also hate the smell of it raw; beef I’m just a bit meh about!!
It takes around 25 mins from the start of prepping until my stir-fry is on the table! Personally I would say it’s healthy so I thought I would share it with you all since January is all about trying to get into good routines of exercise and eating (my overall food intake is a disgrace – mainly fried food )
Ingredients – Feeds approx 4 people (see picture for pack sizings)
- Tenderloin Broccoli
- Small White Onions
- Fine Green Beans
- Baby Corn
- Hand Shelled Peas
- Grapeseed or Rapeseed Oil
- Soy Sauce (or similar)
So those are my ingredients – obviously you can add what you like, these are just my choices 😀
Ingredient got, now it’s onto the chopping – I slice/dice/cut everything up into similar sizing to ensure they cook at a similar time. I like my stir-fry al dente (crunchie) but still finely cut up so I think that’s why my stir-fry doesn’t take long to cook! (By no means am I trying to say I am a good cook this is just the way I do it)
Now onto cooking it!
You’re going to need a wok or a frying pan – I have done mine in both and it tasted just as good each time.
- I pour a dribble of oil into my wok – just enough to spread it about and no more (keeping it healthy :D)
- I put all the ingredients into the wok apart from the chillies and hand shelled peas
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes, I stir it whilst it is cooking to make sure all the ingredients get a chance to cook
- With only a few minutes left to go I put my rice into the microwave (I’m too lazy to cook rice;) )
- Now I add the chillies and peas into my wok along with Soy sauce with reduced salt – not too much just enough to cover the vegetables and give it a nice flavour.
- Stir out for a minute and voila!!
Place your stir-fry onto your plate along with some rice and there you have it!! A healthy vegetable stir-fry that will fill you to bursting 😀
Sometimes I add garlic bread or bread sticks to my meal but that it only personal preference as I love my carbs!
So there we have it, my super quick healthy vegetable stir-fry! Obviously you can add meat if you prefer it that way for some more substance.
I hope you have enjoyed reading and if you make yourself a stir-fry let me know how you get on by commenting or even sharing a picture 😀
I’ll be back on Friday for another Friday Five series, if you missed last weeks you can read it: here!!
Thanks for reading