Happy hump day everyone!
Lately I have been paying a tad more attention to my diet! I’m trying to make my 5 a day be fruit instead of sweets & chocolate 😉 I don’t want to lose weight but some days when I look at the junk I’ve eaten I am totally disgusted with myself!
So today I thought I would share with you my recipe for potato & leek soup. By no means is it rockets science or anything but I thought I would share it with you anyway!
What you will need (Serves 4 people) – Prep time approx 20mins
- Saucepan & Lid
- 2 Leeks
- 3/4 Potatoes
- 1 White Onions
- Segment of a garlic clove
- Vegetable Stock
- Herbs & Spices
- Cooking Oil
How to do it:
- You will need to clean the leeks from the grit – cut your leeks, place them a bowl and run cold water over them and strain.
- Cut up the onions, potatoes & garlic ready to be cooked
- Add a splash of oil to the saucepan
- Then add your onions & leeks and let them cook for 5-10 minutes
- Add 1/1.5 pints of vegetable stock to the pan
- Place your potatoes into the pan along with the other ingredients
- Bring to the boil & add your prefered herbs – I use Chilli powder or Thyme & Pepper
- Let the soup simmer for 20/30 minutes until the vegetables and potatoes are soft
Now you need to whizz the soup with a hand blender or in a blender until there are no lumps. After this you can add cream or creme fraise but I prefer my soups without cream.
If you do want to add cream, then you need to put your soup into a new pan, add your cream, let it heat to your desired temperature and serve
So there you have it, potato and leek soup in under an hour – simple and easy to do! Soup is a great meal for lunch time and with this being so easy to make you could make a big batch and freeze it and it would be there any time you wanted it 🙂
I hope you enjoyed today’s easy reading blog post, as always these day a new post with be up on the blog on Friday at 7pm as part of my Friday Five series if you want to check back then! 🙂